Learn to Race
Never entered a mountain bike race but want to give it a try? Looking for a fun, non-intimidating environment in which to learn more about mountain bike racing? Then our Learn to Race program* is for you!
Through a progressive series of sessions, we will go through a number of racing-related topics that are important to know for the new and aspiring racer including:
- what happens at a race
- how to prepare
- race etiquette
- techniques and strategies to use in a race
After learning the basics, the program will conclude with a "mock race" scenario, where we will have the chance to apply our newly acquired knowledge and skills and get a feeling for what it is like to be in a race situation.
Spin Sisters of any riding level who are comfortable on a bike can participate in this program.
We combine a classroom session with outdoor sessions including a couple of 'mock races' to get the feeling for what it is like to be in a race situation. Finally our graduates are ready for their first race!
* You MUST be a Spin Sisters member to participate in our Learn to Race program.
What you get
- great coaching sessions by club racers and seasoned riders
- learn basic race skills and tactics in a fun and non-threatening environment
What we want from you
- participate in a race of your choice
- wear a Spin Sisters jersey at the race
- participate in one of Spin Sisters volunteer opportunities such as: