Learn to Race
Never entered a mountain bike race but want to give it a try? Looking for a fun, non-intimidating environment in which to learn more about mountain bike racing? Then our Learn to Race program* is for you!
Through a progressive series of sessions, we will go through a number of racing-related topics that are important to know for the new and aspiring racer including:
- what happens at a race
- how to prepare
- race etiquette
- techniques and strategies to use in a race
After learning the basics, the course will conclude with a "mock race" scenario, where we will have the chance to apply our newly acquired knowledge and skills and get a feeling for what it is like to be in a race situation.
Spin Sisters of any riding level who are comfortable on a bike can participate in this program.
Through this program, we hope to alleviate any fears or anxieties that might hold a person back from racing. Our "graduates" will be ready for their first ABA-sanctioned race such as the Mountain Maiden XC, the 24 Hours of Adrenaline, or other events.
* You MUST be a Spin Sisters member to participate in our Learn to Race program.
What you get
- great coaching sessions by club racers and seasoned riders
- learn basic race skills and tactics in a fun and non-theatening environment
- your Mountain Maiden XC race fee reimbursed*
What we want from you
- race at the Mountain Maiden XC (or another ABA XC race if you already know you can't make this event for pre-determined reasons)
- wear a Spin Sisters jersey at the race
- participate in one of Spin Sisters volunteer opportunities such as: